Rainbow Technology Systems have developed a wide range of innovative liquid coatings designed specifically to deliver high product performance to a wide range of industry segments to include:
- Promotion and Display
Our team of chemists have a wealth of expertise and experience in the formulation, required operating parameters, and application of liquid inks and coatings across a broad spectrum of materials and frequently meet with customers to support their needs and expectations.
Standard coatings include:
- Rainbow Technology Permanent protective coatings – can be applied to a wide range of materials such as glass, metals, PVC, wood, composites
- Rainbow Technology Peel-Able protective coatings – can be applied to a wide range of materials such as glass, metals, PVC, wood, composites
- Rainbow Technology Wet Etch Resist coatings – developed to deliver high resolution circuitry in Printed Circuit Board Electronics (PCB) manufacturing. Rainbow Technology Etch Resist coatings can be imaged using industry standard technology such as LDI
The Rainbow Technology range of coating equipment delivers high performance coating and drying for both the Rainbow Technology range of coatings, and other coatings. Our suite of coating equipment ranges from ‘prototyping’ Desktop units for use in product development and low-quantity production, through to double-sided coating of large format substrates for serial production.
To dry the coatings, we have developed a range of IR (Infra Red), UV (Ultra Violet) and LED (Light Emitting Diode) driers that deliver optimum curing across a broad spectrum of wavelengths. Requiring low energy and low heat levels, the Rainbow Technology range of driers deliver high efficiency of curing at low cost and can be delivered as:
- Independent ‘stand alone’ drying stations
- Retrofit for existing coating equipment
- An integration in to Rainbow Technology coating equipment.
Rainbow Desktop Coating System
The Rainbow Desktop Coating System was designed to bring the benefits of Rainbow’s solvent free wet resist to customers with small scale manufacture or research and development requirements. The machine can also be used for other coating and laminating applications. The system can be used to coat and UV cure a working area of 12” x 18” (305mm x 460mm). The machine utilises a coating bar to spread liquid coatings; the coating bar is driven over the machine bed by an automatic traverse system which ensures consistent movement speed and therefore repeatable processing. The machine also comes as standard with dispensers for spoils paper and laminating material. A contact cleaning system helps to minimise contamination during operation. Where the Desktop Coating System is used with Rainbow’s liquid etch resist, two curing options are available; a hand held manual system or an automated system that mounts onto the traverse unit. The manual system allows the operator to target specific areas, adding masks or similar, whilst the automated unit gives repeatable performance, instantly curing (typically in conjunction with a phototool) immediately after the liquid has been spread. When working with phototools, the Desktop machine can be used to apply a UV curable liquid protective coating to the phototool, a specific lamp unit is available for this purpose.
- Coating, laminating and curing capability
- Ideal for samples up to 18″ x 12″
- Automatic traverse with speed selector
- Spoils paper and laminate roll dispensers
- Contact cleaning system
- Available in both 220-240V and 110V configurations
- Can be used to coat and cure phototool protective coatings
Power Supply: 110V – 240V Fuse Rating: 13A Max. Size Substrate: 12” x 18″ (305mm x 460mm) Height: 330mm Depth: 560mm Width: 1270mm Coating Thickness: Depends on coating bar used Machine Weight: 35Kg
Rainbow Singulation System
The Rainbow Singulation System is a fully automated coating and laminating machine that takes a copper panel, cleans it, coats it top and bottom with solvent-free etch resist, laminates it with thin mylar, seals the edges with UV light and ejects the panel ready for imaging in a digital imaging machine such as LDI or DMD. The patented Rainbow solvent-free etch resist remains liquid after coating; there is no need for an oven as there is no solvent to release. The resist coating is thin and protected by mylar, and the machine automatically seals around the edge of each panel to allow easy, safe handling. Rainbow resist is far easier and faster to cure in the digital imaging machine than dryfilm, requiring significantly lower power and enabling faster scanning. Throughput through the digital imaging machine is immediately increased. After imaging, the mylar is peeled off and the panel goes through develop, etch and strip in the same way as a dryfilm panel. Because of the thin coating and liquid state of the uncured resist, developing, etching and stripping is faster and easier than is normal, typically meaning that existing etch equipment can clear out higher density circuits (finer track and gap).
- Power Supply: 220-240V, 20A
- Fuse Rating: 25A
- Max. Panel Size: 24.5″ x 21″ (622mm x 533mm) on standard system
- Throughput: Typical 3 panels per minute