Rainbow Technology Systems is an independent company specialising in process automation and custom designed equipment. Based in Hillington Park, Glasgow, we are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join our team in the development of innovative, new products and processes.
Working as an individual or as part of a multi-disciplined team, you will be committed to delivering project objectives within time, quality and budget constraints.
- Managing a team of mechanical, electrical and controls engineers
- Ability to create machine concepts from customer enquiries and specifications
- Creating project plans and cost models
- Overseeing and co-ordinating teams and projects
- Liaising with customers throughout projects
- Strong mechanical engineering background:
- Proficient in the use of 3D CAD software (Creo/Pro-Engineer preferred)
- Concept generation
- Detail design and development
- Creating 2D part and assembly level drawings
- Prototyping and testing of concepts
- Assembly and testing of machines
- Design analysis of concepts and developed designs
- Ability to communicate concisely and clearly within a team, and with suppliers and customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Relevant degree or HNC with 2+ years relevant experience in a similar role
- Experience designing and working with automation machinery
- Available for occasional travel to suppliers and for customer visits
In return Rainbow Technology Systems are offering an attractive salary and benefits package to the successful candidate. We offer a relaxed working environment with opportunity for career growth in an expanding company.
Applicants should send an up-to-date CV and cover letter stating how you meet these requirements to [email protected]